Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Michigan Sightings



Michigan Dogman Sighting #1
Year: 1887
Location: Wexford County

The first known sighting of the Michigan Dogman occurred in 1887 in Wexford County, when two lumberjacks saw a creature whom they described as having a man's body and a dog's head



Michigan Dogman Sighting #2
Year: 1938
Location: Paris, Michigan

Robert Fortney was attacked by five wild dogs and said that one of the five walked on two legs. Reports of similar creatures also came from Allegan County in the 1950s, and in Manistee and Cross Village in 1967.



Michigan Dogman Sighting #3
Year: 1986
Location: Near Manistee, MI  

Unknown Biped...Michigan Dogman?...near Manistee, Michigan, 1986, Received February 2006
This happened in the fall of 1986, when I was stationed in Manistee. I left the Manistee Army recruiting station late and was driving home, to Ludington. I always took the back road, as US 31 takes too long. It was early fall and was dark. The deer was out, so I had to be careful while I was driving. This was farm country and the deer graze in the fields. I saw a reflection of my headlights off to the left of me in a darkened field. They appeared to be eyes. But, they stood too high to be deer and too far apart, also. I saw it run across and the leap was incredible. It leaped only three times. Far greater a leap then any animal could. And leaped across the two lane road easily. It was too dark to see a shape, but from the position from the eyes, there is no animal that it could be. I know that this was not a deer. And from what I could tell, it was a lot taller then me. I am 6¹2². I do not know if anybody has or had any experience like this.
As for the color of its eyes, somehow, the color yellow comes to mind. Remember that it was almost 20 years ago when I saw that. I am an outdoorsman (although in recent years, I have not been out) and know animals. So, when I saw that, it surprised me of the leaping ability. And the eyes, I do remember that they were not like any animals that I have seen before. And the height of the creature was a lot higher then any animal. I do remember that I saw both eyes, as if it was looking at me, the whole time. That, along with the leaping ability, is what I will never forget.- Ray Greenway



Michigan Dogman Sighting #4
Year: 2006
Location: Near Lansing, MI  

on may 6 2006 i was driving back to my girlfriends house, who lives around lansing, MI, i was coming back from the store and she lives out in the country completely isolated so the only way to get there is to go down dirt roads that are surrounded by fields. Anyways so i was driving and i saw something moving on this little hill that was right on the side of the road so i stopped because if it was a deer i didnt want to hit it and than all of a sudden a human like hand (except much larger than a normal mans hand) reached over the edge of the hill and this huge silouette came into view. It was much larger than a normal man and it had a wolf like face and its eyes reflected in my headlights, it just sat there and looked across the field on the other side of the road and than it just very calmly turned its head and looked right at me, i froze out of fear and we sat locked in each others stares for about 20 seconds and than it started to move down the hill so i hit the gas and flew past it and when i got to the stop sign i stopped and looked in the rearview mirror and it was sitting in the middle of the road just looking at my car and i took off again and as i was going i looked back again and it moved very calmly into the other field, ive never been so scared in my life. After i got to my girlfriends house, me, her and her mom went back to the spot and the creature was gone. This happend in between Lansing and the small town of Eaton Rapids. - Ron 



Michigan Dogman Sighting #5
Year: 2009
Location: Three Lakes, UP

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - Last fall, my son and I were driving on US-41/M-28 towards Three Lakes in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (where I live). The beast ran across the highway near Tioga Creek. I had not heard of this before reading Phantoms and Monsters, but this is exactly what we saw. We are familiar with all animals living here. Moose regularly cross in front of drivers, so we watch the sides of the roads carefully. We were very puzzled and thought it might be some mutant wolf and could not figure out what we witnessed. It ran fairly fast about 50 feet in front of our truck. It was so strange because the front of it was much higher up than the back, larger than a wolf. Very strange to see it on your website.
Rhonda



Michigan Dogman Sighting #6
Year: August 5, 2011 
Location: Baraga County, UP

I was driving north on Craig Lake Rd. towards Teddy Lake. As I approached Nestoria Rd. I noticed something move off the edge of the road into the woods. It was around 6:30 am and a little bit dewy and foggy at that time but I definitely saw something move. I stopped at the intersection and watched across Nestoria Rd. I first thought is was a moose but this it was too agile.

I took a slow left turn and looked to my right into the woods. I didn't see anything so I looked forward and sped up. Immediately, this animal ran out of the woods in front of my car and jumped across the road to the south side. I mean it took 3 long strides and was gone - almost like it vanished through an invisible wall!

I was shocked. I continued driving for a few minutes but had to pull off and stop. I was literally shaking from head to toe. I sat there wondering what that was. It was on all fours and had back legs like those of a large man. It had jet black fur and looked like a very large wolf other than the back legs and the human-like rump. There was no tail. The profile of the head and snout were that of a wolf. It didn't make a sound.

I made it to the lake and drove back home in the same direction on Sunday.

Chuck



Sources:  http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2011/08/michigan-dogman-wandersagain.html
wikipedia    
http://www.weirdmichigan.com/monsters.html
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread797647/pg

*Will be updating this with more sightings soon.

2 comments:

  1. NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA SIGHTING OF 3 WEREWOLVES ON NOV 4, 2009 AT 1130PM BY ROAD CONSTRUCTION WORKER. CHASED HIS TRUCK AT 45MPH RUNNING BIPEDAL ON HIND FEET APPROX 6.5 FEET TALL - SEE ABOUT.COM WEBSITE---WEREWOLVES.-----WHEN THEY FIRST RAN OUT INTO ROAD THEY WERE ON ALL FOURS AND THEN STOOD UP TO CHASE HIS TRUCK. BUT GAVE UP THE CHASE WHEN HE STARTED TO ENTER HIGH TRAFFIC AREA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an interesting encounter that I can only imagine was the dogman. I was very confused. It was in 2006 and I was driving from Indiana back to Michigan. It was probably closer to 11pm. my headlights hit something that was very large and very creepy looking. The best way I can describe it to people is like the werewolf from Harry Potter. It didn't have a lot of hair and it was somewhat hunched over but it was standing on two legs. It seemed to throw itself across the road. It freaked me out. It looked like a sick animal would look. It didn't seem healthy. I don't know how a dogman would move but it just seemed sick to me. It was about 5 feet tall from what I could tell but it was hunched over and maybe it seemed to be limping. I couldn't tell. I passed where I had seen it and I pulled over. I really thought I was just worn out from driving so far. I thought maybe I was just seeing things. I stopped and I got out of my car and looked at where I saw it go. I couldn't see anything but I saw a car coming from where I had come from down the road. They started to honk a lot and then swerved into the road a little. I didn't take time after that to search anymore. I got back into my car and drove away. That image is stuck in my head and while the harry potter werewolf doesn't give an exact description, it was very similar and I really can say there's a much better visual than that. The hair that I did see was longer. It looked like an animal with mange. I would love to know more about what I saw and experienced.

    ReplyDelete